Screened Chemistry is an innovative method of assessing, scoring, and certifying textile chemicals for human and environmental health characteristics. This rigorous certification program shows your company’s commitment to sustainable chemistry. Screened Chemistry certification is required by brands like Levi Strauss & Co. and accepted by brands including H&M, Gap, and NIKE as their preferred method for selecting safer chemicals.
Screened Chemistry certification with SciveraLENS provides you with the tools you need to formulate safer chemistries and market your products to many global fashion, apparel, and footwear brands.
Screened Chemistry with SciveraLENS
Scivera offers Screened Chemistry solutions for every type of organization. Whether your company is large or small, or somewhere in between, we have a solution that fits your needs. We have built our processes and products to deliver Screened Chemistry results in a fast and cost-effective way while protecting confidential formulation information.
With SciveraLENS you can:
We celebrate these leaders in their green chemistry initiatives.
Subscribe to SciveraLENS and join these companies and others in this important work.
Screened Chemistry Process Overview
The Screened Chemistry process follows 4 main steps:
- Confidential Full Formulation Disclosure
- Priority Chemical List screen
- Positive Chemical List screen
- Verified Comprehensive Hazard Assessment
Screened Chemistry Scoring
Based on results of these steps, each ingredient and impurity in the formulation receives a Screened Chemistry score from 0 to 50, as well as an overall Screened Chemistry score from 0 to 50 for the formulation. The higher the Screened Chemistry score, the more preferred the chemical or formulation.
See Screened Chemistry Scoring Rules v2.1 (2018)
Submitting Your Products for Certification
Whether you choose our Screened Chemistry Services or take advantage of a Rapid Screen subscription, your first step will be to complete a confidential full formulation disclosure through our easy to use Screened Chemistry Submission Form. We will confirm this information with you and begin the Screened Chemistry assessment and certification process.
For Screened Chemistry scoring and certification, the product information form will ask for the following:
- Basic information about each (i.e., product name, etc.)
- Confidential Full Formulation Disclosure (including sub-supplier formulations) (by chemical and concentration)
- All intentionally added chemicals at any concentration
- Any impurities (e.g., residuals, byproducts, etc) present in final formulation at 100 ppm (0.01%) or greater
- Any chemicals present as impurities at any concentration and also listed on the ZDHC MRSL
- Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Technical Data Sheet (TDS) for each product or products
- Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for any sub-supplier mixtures or chemicals in your product or products
- Polymer Assessment Form for any polymers in your product or products
- Signed Disclosure and Declaration of Accuracy Form
Scivera’s powerful software platform assists in gathering this information including sub-supplier ingredients while protecting confidential ingredient information.
“Scivera has been an essential partner to make sure we are on top of market requirements. The SciveraLENS platform is extremely convenient for companies with wide portfolios and turns compliance into an easier task to manage.”
REQUEST A QUOTE
“In this world where sustainability is the key for saving the planet and nature for our next generations, Fineotex Group is grateful to the Scivera team for their remarkable expertise and for providing an incredible platform for us to reach the Top brands of the world and emerge as an important partner of their sustainability mission.”
We’ve created several tools to help our clients get started
with Screened Chemistry quickly and easily.